Yet another 'Which Bike?' post

JohnIAm
JohnIAm Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a first hardtail and spend some of my time on trails instead of on tarmac and after a lot of research I have pretty much narrowed my choice down to two:

Voodoo Bizango - £585 at the moment leaving a bit of budget left for decent pedals and maybe a dropper soon
or
Diamondback Lumis 2.0 - £700 down from £1,200/£1,400 (https://www.merlincycles.com/diamondbac ... 05250.html)

I know the Bizango is considered a great all-rounder/beginners bike and is the sort of thing I'm looking for - I plan on riding mostly on forestry tracks and the occasional trail but the deal on the Diamondback is hard to resist.

I have slight reservations going for the Diamondback as its a relatively cheap carbon frame and from an all-the-gear-no-idea point of view.

Does anyone have any experience with the Lumis range? I've seen a couple of reviews that rated it highly but nothing from actual customers on any of the sites it is/was available on. Is cheap carbon on a MTB something to stay clear of?

Cheers for any help! :)

Comments

• jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Bizango all the way! Sign up to British cycling for £20 and get another 10% off too!
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Bizango
  • Thanks!

I've been getting lost searching on so many different websites, there are loads of offers still available on last season's bikes, but I do keep coming back to the Bizango.

I'm already a member of BC but thought that the 10% discount didn't apply to sale items? If it does, then £530 for the Bizango is gonna be the clincher!
  • JohnIAm
    JohnIAm Posts: 7
    Decided to go for a much reduced Vitus Sentier Deore, due for delivery at some point next week. :-)