Ultegra shifter / SRAM front mech

sopworth
sopworth Posts: 191
edited February 2018 in Workshop
hi

Before I go ahead and try and make it work, does anyone know if I will be able to Ultegra 6800 shifter work with a SRAM Red 22 front mech?

Thank you.

Comments

• Sure. Just set the limits correctly. Front mechs are easy, you only have 2 positions normally these days
  • Just buy an ultegra mech and sell the red.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Will work fine.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    . Front mechs are easy, you only have 2 positions normally these days
    The 6800 front mech lever gives trim positions on both rings - you should be able to make it work reasonably well but to say that the lever has only 2 positions isn't technically correct.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Svetty wrote:
    The 6800 front mech lever gives trim positions on both rings - you should be able to make it work reasonably well but to say that the lever has only 2 positions isn't technically correct.

National pedants day I see.

There are only two rings if you want to be that way.
  • svetty
    Svetty wrote:

Given that your reply was essentially incorrect and potentially misleading I would have thought that either a dignified silence or an admission of error would have been appropriate. Assuming that the intent here is to help the OP of course.....
  • Svetty wrote:
    Svetty wrote:

Given that your reply was essentially incorrect and potentially misleading I would have thought that either a dignified silence or an admission of error would have been appropriate. Assuming that the intent here is to help the OP of course.....

You are a complete c0ck. You do know that don’t you?
  • svetty
    Svetty wrote:
    Svetty wrote:

You are a complete c0ck. You do know that don’t you?
    And when reason and sense are employed you (again) resort to childish insults rather than reflect that - just maybe - you might not be correct.
  • I would worry about the pull ratio and, more importantly, the shame.