Elite Qubo

gleaney
gleaney Posts: 32
Hi all I have an Elite Qubo trainer which i got about 5 years ago. It has ANT wireless technology on the arm if I get an ANT+ dongle for an iPhone / iPad can I use the Elite My training app ? Or any other 3rd party app?
cheers
G

Comments

• norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    gleaney wrote:
    Hi all I have an Elite Qubo trainer which i got about 5 years ago. It has ANT wireless technology on the arm if I get an ANT+ dongle for an iPhone / iPad can I use the Elite My training app ? Or any other 3rd party app?
    cheers
    G

I’ve got the same turbo (I’m actually just in the process of selling it). The Ant+ is a closed channel so can’t be controlled by Zwift etc, but I’m certain you can connect to the Elite app - I’ve just opened the App on my iPad, chosen the Qubo and the next page says ‘Ant dongle not connected’ (I don’t have one anymore), so that seems to confirm that it will work.
  • Thanks for that. It is listed on Elites web site. Are you upgrading ?
  • Can you recommend a suitable dongle to slot into an iPhone 7 to connect to the Qubo ?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    gleaney wrote:
    Thanks for that. It is listed on Elites web site. Are you upgrading ?

I’ve ordered a Direto, only really because I’ve currently got pneumonia, been ill for weeks and I did it to cheer myself up!

I used to use the Wahoo Ant+ dongle, afaik it was the only one that worked with Apple at that point, but it’s a 30 pin old style fitment so you’d need a 30 pin to lightning adaptor.
  • Thanks for the reply. I’ve just ordered the ANT dongle by Elite. But I’m also about to order the Direto to. Hope you get well soon.