thursday in the jungles of burma on the trail of the carnivorous aubergine of rangoon

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    I think full retirement is on the cards

I'm heading that way :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today has started shoot, message from hospital that grandad hasn't improved and a picture from parents of them in rio (haven't told them about grandad) and to top it off for the 4th week I've started with manflu just before the weekend :(
    Chin up TLW, sorry mate.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Pinno wrote:

Yeah, but LD is old, you're just f*****g lazy :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just found a tenner in the road.

GET IN!!!!!!!!!
    In Wales that has to be some sort of trap.

That's someone's life changing jackpot of the Welsh National Lottery. You really should hand it back. Perhaps they will give you say... 5% as a reward.

In Wales that’s enough money to buy a manor house and land the size of Wales.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just found a tenner in the road.

GET IN!!!!!!!!!
    In Wales that has to be some sort of trap.

That's someone's life changing jackpot of the Welsh National Lottery. You really should hand it back. Perhaps they will give you say... 5% as a reward.

In Wales that’s enough money to buy a manor house and women the size of Whales.
    FTFY.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Just about to tuck in to some Black Forest Gateaux seen as I bought it for Mrs Pinno's birthday. Say 'Happy birthday Mrs P'.

Didn't do a lot today. Bit of tidying. Finished off fitting new radiator in the Old New Banger. She's running great. Better than me.

I went to the Doc and she gave me some Penicillin as she thought I had a 'bit of an infection'when all the time I was feeling like this was the end and I probably needed help. A week later, I went back and she gave me some Erythromycin as she thought I had a chest infection. A week later another Doctor from the same practise came to see me and moaned about being called out at 2am 'by such a fit young man' [as he glanced at the bike].
    A week after that I went in and finally got a blood test and was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukaemia.
    I was probably right.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yeah, but LD is old, you're just f*****g lazy :wink:

I do not think that I have worked harder than this renovation job.

The laziness will come later on. It's a learnt process and I will be taking tips from T47.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Just about to tuck in to some Black Forest Gateaux seen as I bought it for Mrs Pinno's birthday. Say 'Happy birthday Mrs P'.

Didn't do a lot today. Bit of tidying. Finished off fitting new radiator in the Old New Banger. She's running great. Better than me.

I went to the Doc and she gave me some Penicillin as she thought I had a 'bit of an infection'when all the time I was feeling like this was the end and I probably needed help. A week later, I went back and she gave me some Erythromycin as she thought I had a chest infection. A week later another Doctor from the same practise came to see me and moaned about being called out at 2am 'by such a fit young man' [as he glanced at the bike].
    A week after that I went in and finally got a blood test and was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukaemia.
    I was probably right.

Remember those days, getting to see a doc within a week? AND not only getting a quack to visit, but getting one at 2 am!!!!!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    PS I said we were a sickly lot didn't I?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    PS I said we were a sickly lot didn't I?

I didn't hear you sorry. Can you speak up a little? What's that you say - what's 'pickly fot'?
    Who let you in? Are you new here? Where's your ID? Is it pill time?...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    Pinno wrote:
    The laziness will come later on. It's a learnt process and I will be taking tips from T47.

t47 is the guv'nor, tabbies, art, secret base, bubble cars, he has it all
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Cheers re grandad - it's time as he is just shy of 93, but still doesn't feel right, but that is probably just the turmoil re: telling my dad
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    hopkinb wrote:
    For the amusement of all you bracketeers...

https://youtu.be/RZdErXjF0k8
    :) thanks Big Ben
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    :) thanks Big Ben
    That could be misconstrued on here.