sunday for every complex phenomenon there is a simple, elegant, compelling explanation that is wrong

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ... as its downhill pretty much all the way in comparison to the other way around...

Uh?!
    Duh, it's obvious innit. You go up norff so heading south is downhill.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ... as its downhill pretty much all the way in comparison to the other way around...

Uh?!

There was this Ugandan who visited Britain (BBC Radio 4) as a tourist. He hired a car and went travelling. On the North Circular, he noticed the sign 'North M25'. Then he got to Watford, again a sign that said 'North' and then Birmingham and then Manchester... and so it went on.
    So he sat down and looked at a map of the UK and measured it to find exactly where this 'North' started.
    He discovered that the mid point was Cairnryan (7 miles North of where I am now).
    So i'm actually in the South.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Uh?!

There was this Ugandan who visited Britain (BBC Radio 4) as a tourist. He hired a car and went travelling. On the North Circular, he noticed the sign 'North M25'. Then he got to Watford, again a sign that said 'North' and then Birmingham and then Manchester... and so it went on.
    So he sat down and looked at a map of the UK and measured it to find exactly where this 'North' started.
    He discovered that the mid point was Cairnryan (7 miles North of where I am now).

I quite like the sound of that - hire a car and just follow a random road sign sign.

Only problem is that if you end up in England it'll be in a dump full of munters and doggers, so overall a bit of a disappointment.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Uh?!

I quite like the sound of that - hire a car and just follow a random road sign sign.

Only problem is that if you end up in England it'll be in a dump full of munters and doggers, so overall a bit of a disappointment.

Get a ferry to Ireland and then one back to Scotland. You can pop in and wield a paintbrush at PPP and do the recruiting for unemployed podium girls in the evening.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!