Wide toe box MTB /XCshoes ?

cyberknight
cyberknight Posts: 1,238
edited February 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
I am looking unsuccessfully so far for a replacement for my aging btwin rockrider shoes that have got to be 7 years old , still going strong but looking a bit tired.
I have wide feet so going the normal size up doesn't cut it , tried 2 sizes up but then i end up with a lot of spare room in the toe.
Decathlons direct replacement has a toe box that although has the same sole size ( by going 1 eu size up ) is still too tight across the tor box width.
I have some M065 but ended up buying the blue/yellow thin insoles and its still doent feel spot on.

I am tempted by shimano M089 wide fit unless anyone has any suggestions for a duck foot size ?Doesnt help i wear work boots all day long and i think my feet have spread over the years .
Prefer a roadie look if possible as i use the shoes for commuting and road club rides but prefer the way to walk in mtb cleats.
FCN 3/5/9

Comments

• cyberknight
    Got some rt32s off ebay used to try , good nick and price but i think i could have gone 2 sizes up .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • skiffy
    skiffy Posts: 84
    I went through that process a few months ago. Think I went through about 9 different shoes before I found one I liked. The wide fit Shimanos weren't bad but weren't quite the right shape, and I was unimpressed about how the velcro strap on 2 versions I tried wasn't stitched on straight. I ended buying a pair of Louis Garneau Onyx. I really like them, very good quality. Keep the elements out nicely too.
  • cyberknight
    Ended up with some northwave spike evo `s
    went a sie up as the real size was a bit tight length wise so a thicker insole sorted a good fit.
    FCN 3/5/9