Fabric Lumaray GPS Mount Light

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Does anyone own one of these? I've always felt my current light setup is blocked a bit by my garmin mount and that it'd be nice to have a wider angle of light. This seems like a pretty nice option but reviews are pretty limited.

https://fabric.cc/products/lights/lumar ... ont-light/

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I’ve bought one for a new build but not actually ridden with it yet as the build is not finished and it will only be ridden when the weather improves!

What I would say is it is a nice, slim little light. It packs a punch for its size, but is a ‘be seen’ rather than ‘see by’ light in my opinion. I bought it to use as a daylight flasher, which will give the longest run time.

The fitment is neat and solid, how robust it will be over time is anyone’s guess at this stage. The idea is to sandwich it between Garmin and mount.

I have also bought a raceware direct ‘male’ Garmin mount (it’s actually a tab repair for a Garmin) http://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/garmin-tab-repair/ to fabricate a mount to fit the light to the underside of my K Edge Garmin mount. The reason I have done this is because the Garmin mount angle will affect the angle of the light.

On my current road bike I have an out front K Edge which is tilted ever so slightly upwards which means I can see the Garmin without glare in sunlight. I found with it level I was constantly having to move my eye position to actually be able to see it. If I simply fit the Lumaray as designed it will be tilted upwards. With the male mount I can fabricate it to fit the light level by using a dremel tool to modify the mount.

So, probably not quite what you were after, but does highlight a potential problem if you don’t have your Garmin mounted level with the ground!

PP
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Yep, love it. Such a neat setup and although only 30 lumens, it projects the light really well.

It’s fantastic to be seen but doesn’t provide enough lumens to light the road.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Cheers for the replies. I would only need it as a 'to be seen' light as all my night cycling is in London. I might try and hunt down a double sided garmin mount so that it is positioned a bit lower.