Buying a bianchi frameset

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know where I could purchase a bianchi frameset itself? Most places only sell full set up but have an ultegra groupset taken of broken frame that is looking for a bianchi home. And yes, it dies have to be a bianchi, I like then, even if are over priced!

Comments

• I'm not trying to be an ar$e but if you type 'Bianchi frame set UK' into Google you'll see that it's not that hard to buy one at all.
  • Where are you based? Bianchi dealer in Hull sells frame sets. Can give you the name if you want.
  • I'm not trying to be an ar$e but if you type 'Bianchi frame set UK' into Google you'll see that it's not that hard to buy one at all.

Yeah, but only for the top level frames, looking for a sempre pro or intenso not an oltre
  • Where are you based? Bianchi dealer in Hull sells frame sets. Can give you the name if you want.

I'm in Ayrshire, yeah mate that would be great
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Would it be worth buying a whole bike in the sales at a dirt cheap price which has a lower spec groupset then stripping off the group set, selling that and putting yours on?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Star bikes in Hull. Good bloke.
  • cheers
  • ACS in Prestwick would be the guys I would go. Official Bianchi dealer in the area. I've dealt with them and they all seem decent and knowledgeable. The shop looks a bit rundown but there has been a massive increase in Bianchi's in the area recently just as there was of Merida's when they first took that franchise.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Could also be worth giving Epic Cycles a call - they are a leading UK Bianchi dealer. Although they do not advertise framesets per se on their website, they do offer their own builds around the various Bianchi framesets. Therefore, It is possible that they source the frames and build them up in house.

http://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi

Anyway, would be worth calling them to find out - they get great feedback from those who have used them so if they can't get you a frame they may be able to suggest a source
  • drexel1975 wrote:
    ACS in Prestwick would be the guys I would go. Official Bianchi dealer in the area. I've dealt with them and they all seem decent and knowledgeable. The shop looks a bit rundown but there has been a massive increase in Bianchi's in the area recently just as there was of Merida's when they first took that franchise.

Cheers, they are just down the road from me! They stock Binachis?
  • shiznit76 wrote:
    drexel1975 wrote:
    ACS in Prestwick would be the guys I would go. Official Bianchi dealer in the area. I've dealt with them and they all seem decent and knowledgeable. The shop looks a bit rundown but there has been a massive increase in Bianchi's in the area recently just as there was of Merida's when they first took that franchise.

Cheers, they are just down the road from me! They stock Binachis?
    Yes. Been official dealers for over a year now I think. Loads of bikes in stock and I can't see a frames being a problem.
  • shaw8670
    shaw8670 Posts: 264
    Why not buy a Bianchi that has low grade kit and swap kit between it and your current bike (assuming your current bike is equipped to your satisfaction) and either sell the old frame as a whole bike or use it as your winter bike, equipped with adequate and unused parts?
    Greetings from the wet and windy North west