Veltec SPEED 3.0 wheelset

gabrimartins
gabrimartins Posts: 7
edited February 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Any one was any opinion about this Veltec SPEED 3.0 wheelset?

This seams to be a German Brand that to the building of chinese carbon rim??? But do they have quality? And about the hubs?

They can be find under 600€ in canyon website and also around that in bike discount

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/vel ... set-642456

Any thoughts? This seams a good price

My objective is to have a more light wheelset to use in granfondos, this are relatively light, 30mm, but i want them to be stiff, roll well and also that the breaking surface is not garbage

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    Looks alright but Prime Pro RR38s are similar weight and spec but cheaper, and you would be dealing with Wiggle so much easier if you needed returns.
  • Thanks super_davo

Yes, the RR38 are at this moment at 560€ for the set, what seams a good price.

In terms of teh quality are they good? I have no experience with Prime Wheels
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    I don't have that specific model, but the Prime Pros I have are great.

Wiggle own brands are always good - DHB, Lifeline etc. Probably open mould Chinese rims and hubs but of a decent quality and put together well.

Assumed you were UK based so getting from a UK company would have advantages, if that's not the case that wipes that out a bit, still think they would be a decent buy though.
  • Hi,

Not from UK but i have expirience buying things from Wiggle or bike discount and no problems so far.

But i have no experience or know anyone that owns an carbon prime wheels