wednesday will take too long

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    hopkinb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    I don't understand why people want these effing great SUV and crossover vehicles when they never go anywhere more demanding than Waitrose car park. They are big on the outside and harder to park, but offer no more usable space inside. They cost more to start with, fuel economy / emissions are worse, and the tyres cost a fortune. And most of them are plug-ugly. Just why??
    Dunno Keef. I said all this to Mrs H3. We split the bills, it's her turn to choose. We wouldn't need as much space if she didn't cart so much shyyte around with her.
    So next time it's your turn to choose - just get something that snaps knicker elastic at 50 paces and enjoy your mid life crisis.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm kind of assuming I already did the midlife crisis thing by buying a bike that wasn't from Argos. Oh, and the lycra...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Stevo got his @rse handed to him on the Trump thread :shock: Up is down, black is white. Life just doesn't make sense anymore :cry:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    keef66 wrote:
    I don't understand why people want these effing great SUV and crossover vehicles when they never go anywhere more demanding than Waitrose car park. They are big on the outside and harder to park, but offer no more usable space inside. They cost more to start with, fuel economy / emissions are worse, and the tyres cost a fortune. And most of them are plug-ugly. Just why??

Sister and brother-in-law have a big wallowy jeep-a-like Kia something or other to tow the caravan, which is maybe a reasonable choice. She says it makes her seasick.

Lots of side roads in posh surrey are "private" so they don't get maintained by the council and the residents can't agree any plan to maintain them, so the road surfaces are like drinving on a sandy beach with large patches of lethal rocks. I imagine a 4WD is the only type of vehicle that get people to their nice garages.

A friend of mine lived in one of these for a while, and he had to replace the exhaust on his sports car every year because of the damage inflicted to it just getting off his drive.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo got his @rse handed to him on the Trump thread :shock: Up is down, black is white. Life just doesn't make sense anymore :cry:
    Lostboy has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about me and tried to pull me up on a technicality. Tedious really.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    mrfpb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Sister and brother-in-law have a big wallowy jeep-a-like Kia something or other to tow the caravan, which is maybe a reasonable choice. She says it makes her seasick.

Lots of side roads in posh surrey are "private" so they don't get maintained by the council and the residents can't agree any plan to maintain them, so the road surfaces are like drinving on a sandy beach with large patches of lethal rocks. I imagine a 4WD is the only type of vehicle that get people to their nice garages.

A friend of mine lived in one of these for a while, and he had to replace the exhaust on his sports car every year because of the damage inflicted to it just getting off his drive.
    We've got a few of those near us. Impossible to keep your car clean if you live on one of those as well. It's like a dust bowl in summer and the Somme in winter. And there's there's primary school on one of them - carnage.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    mrfpb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Probably only of interest to v68 but my uncle does a lot of classic rally's and kept ripping the exhaust of his db5 so sent it back to the factory and it now goes through the interior of the car
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Dunno Keef. I said all this to Mrs H3. We split the bills, it's her turn to choose. We wouldn't need as much space if she didn't cart so much shyyte around with her.
    So next time it's your turn to choose - just get something that snaps knicker elastic at 50 paces and enjoy your mid life crisis.
    Stevo remember most sports cars have a weight limit
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    TLW1 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Probably only of interest to v68 but my uncle does a lot of classic rally's and kept ripping the exhaust of his db5 so sent it back to the factory and it now goes through the interior of the car

S'pose does away for the need of a heater as well.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Stevo remember most sports cars have a weight limit
    Too late - he's already been for a test drive :D
    https://youtu.be/CjNQnrRv2Jw
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    TLW1 wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Old mate of mine had a DB 4 he wanted to restore but the parts cost was jaw dropping. Gorgeous car though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    We supply a few bits to Aston Martin for the classics, I think they may add a few percent.
    With regards to bespoke exhausts, Mike the Pipewas the man to go to, his calendars were also legendary. Made most motor trade calendars look tame in the 80s. Unfortunately no longer with us, the man or the calendars.