ANT+ heart rate monitor

octane.music
octane.music Posts: 12
edited January 2018 in Road general
Hi all.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong sub-forum, I'm still feeling my way about in here. I'm just after a bit of techincal support if possible?

I've ordered a Lezyne Super GPS, but neglected to add the cadence sensor and heart rate bundle. I've got in touch with the retailer to see if I can upgrade before they send it out, but if not, would I be able to use any ANT+ compatible HR monitor or should I get the one specified for that device?

Naturally I'll be farting around loads when it arrives so I can work out how to use it / add Strava maps / sync etc... so please be patient! :D

Comments

• I’ve used a few third party ones with my Garmin and eventually returned back to the Garmin soft strap. It’s by far the best one the market and works with so many other devices. Buy the best for peace of mind imo.
  • I've been using https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... ge_o00_s00? the last few weeks, pairs quickly to Zwift via ANT+ dongle and also to my Super GPS.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • The answer to the OP's question is yes, you should be able to use any Ant+ HR monitor with any Ant+ enabled device. I have recently changed my Garmin soft strap for a Decathlon one because I wanted Bluetooth to work with Trainerroad on my phone (it has Ant+ and Bluetooth). It has worked fine up to now but I have only had it a few weeks, however other reviews are really good.
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    I use the Garmin cadence sensor, but get my heart rate monitor from Decathlon. Found the Garmin HR to be a little iffy at times. Just be careful to get the HR monitor with ANT+ and not just bluetooth. Also a lot cheaper
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Bumo_b wrote:
    I use the Garmin cadence sensor, but get my heart rate monitor from Decathlon. Found the Garmin HR to be a little iffy at times. Just be careful to get the HR monitor with ANT+ and not just bluetooth. Also a lot cheaper

That. The Geonaute one from Decathlon is superb. Mine is now several years old and still working perfectly with my 800 and my Forerunner watch.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Wahoo Tickr, works with ANT+ and Bluetooth for future proof operation. My old Garmin one from my 705 (2008) worked without problem until I sold it last year, but the Tickr that replaced it has been faultless.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.