saturday the pit has opened, they are in the world

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    I'm a neighbour hood hero.

My next door neighbours are away for 3 mths and I saw a car in their drive, so went round to find a man on their balcony. Challenged him and made him jump a mile. Turns out I don't know our window cleaner

:D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TLW1 wrote:
    I'm a neighbour hood hero.

My next door neighbours are away for 3 mths and I saw a car in their drive, so went round to find a man on their balcony. Challenged him and made him jump a mile. Turns out I don't know our window cleaner

You should have, ninja style, stolen his ladder and watched how he slowly starved/froze to death on their balcony over the next three months.

Then stolen his identity and gone on a whore/coke/bank robbery spree.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Ah, we all have those, mines TSOTGA girl I should have been seeing but it never got far.

But thanks one the bike very very smug with it now I need to get some valve extenders for my latex tubes an some carbon safe pads an should be set for summer.

I use the BBB ones from Wiggle that cost £9 on two bikes - can’t really fault them at all save for the fact that I find them a little wooden on feel compared to Swisstop yellow. But feel is a very personal thing, so may be different for you.

But they brake perfect, wear great, cost £9 and are white, so perfect for your bike.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Your driveway and fence are in shittt state though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I need to buy some of they tan sidewalled tyres for summer. Look great on the deep rims.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I use the BBB ones from Wiggle that cost £9 on two bikes - can’t really fault them at all save for the fact that I find them a little wooden on feel compared to Swisstop yellow. But feel is a very personal thing, so may be different for you.

But they brake perfect, wear great, cost £9 and are white, so perfect for your bike.

Ill have a nose at those long as they stop me thats the main thing
    Your driveway and fence are in shittt state though.

Yeah, fence is worse than it looks just need a re paint, driveway is garbage going to scrub off the moss an whatnot thats growing, selling up this year so long as it looks OK thats all that will matter.
    hopkinb wrote:
    That's lush Step. One thing. Do you have glass knees like Pinno? Or do you live in the mountains?

Neither home counties are somewhat flat an the knees seem to be OK, (famous last words).

Pinged an email to superstar re the stickers don't really fancy faking them as some Reynolds etc so unless I can get the original ones I'll leave them plain.

Hopkin, get some tans now usually cheaper in winter as no one wants then, The Corsa G's I have are covered in little cuts but seem ok, Those, some Veloflex or if your flush some specialized cottons are always nice. Just have to keep them clean mine are filthy.
  • Matthewfalle
    H3 - don’t get the Vittoria’s like I got, see, they’re shittter than Step’s driveway/fence combo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I need to buy some of they tan sidewalled tyres for summer. Look great on the deep rims.

Continental Giro rock if you want some that go forever and are very cost efficient.

Not the lightest but bloody good value for money.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    That's lush Step. One thing. Do you have glass knees like Pinno? Or do you live in the mountains?

Neither home counties are somewhat flat an the knees seem to be OK, (famous last words).

Hopkin, get some tans now usually cheaper in winter as no one wants then, The Corsa G's I have are covered in little cuts but seem ok, Those, some Veloflex or if your flush some specialized cottons are always nice. Just have to keep them clean mine are filthy.

Stick the chain on the big ring then, at least for a photo. :wink:

I'll have an internet trawl for tans later.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:

Stick the chain on the big ring then, at least for a photo. :wink:

Its dark out! Plus the shame of my drive/fence combo it too much
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    hopkinb wrote:

acycles.co.uk were good for veloflex tubs a few weeks ago, also check cycletyres.com, both french, vive l'ue
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Vittoria Pave's innit. Nuff said,
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!