Wahoo ELEMNT bolt battery for long ride

jpower
jpower Posts: 554
edited January 2018 in Road general
This summer I’ve got a mega long ride, hopefully 9 hour ride time plus plenty of fuel stops.

Now I know I’ll bee in pain and cry but it doesn’t compare to pain I’ll feel if it runs out of battery and I lose my stats.

I believe if I don’t use led or navigation I should get 15 hours. Just wanted to know has anyone used it to full capacity with or without navigation and what kind of times do you get? Can I charge it with a portable charger while it’s running?

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Did 9h with navigation on in the Pyrenees in the summer and had around 40% left at the end so you should be fine.
  • jpower
    jpower Posts: 554
    Wow that’s awesome.
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    I'm also wondering about this, I'm planning on doing the Dunwich Dynamo again this year and I'll need the navigation function as it's 100 miles with no signposts.

I had to charge my phone during the ride & swap my lights over last year, would be nice if I didn't have to worry about my gps running out of battery..

To make matters worse, it's at night so I'll need the back light on quite a bit too.
  • JakeJ wrote:
    I'm also wondering about this, I'm planning on doing the Dunwich Dynamo again this year and I'll need the navigation function as it's 100 miles with no signposts.

I had to charge my phone during the ride & swap my lights over last year, would be nice if I didn't have to worry about my gps running out of battery..

To make matters worse, it's at night so I'll need the back light on quite a bit too.

I use the standard Elemnt - did a 10 hour ride this summer with navigation and running a power meter with bluetooth; switched off all LEDs and had just under 30% left at the end. I avoided any unnecessary scrolling through screens but I don't know if that would make terribly much difference. Very impressed with the whole thing.