BOA Replacement

markwb79
markwb79 Posts: 937
edited January 2018 in Workshop
Hey,

This morning the black cable on my boa system seemed to snap unfortunately. I have been trying to work out which replacement I need and then where to buy it from!

They are for Bont Vapor's.

Anyone have any ideas or experience and where I can get them from?

Thanks a lot
Mark
Scott Addict 2011
Giant TCR 2012

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    email guaranteeEMEA@boatechnology.com

The product has a lifetime warranty and the replacement comes in a matter of a few days from Austria.

I'm a fussy git but their after sales is drop drawer
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    ^^^this

when i wanted to buy a spare 'just in case' they went out of their way to make sure i knew they'd replace on failure and i really needn't give them my money - i still did as if i'm away on a cycling trip, even a few days is too long to wait

depending on where it snapped, you may be able to temporarily fix until you get a replacement, i.e. tie the broken ends together, or rethread with a shorter piece of the existing cable
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • markwb79
    sungod wrote:
    ^^^this

when i wanted to buy a spare 'just in case' they went out of their way to make sure i knew they'd replace on failure and i really needn't give them my money - i still did as if i'm away on a cycling trip, even a few days is too long to wait

depending on where it snapped, you may be able to temporarily fix until you get a replacement, i.e. tie the broken ends together, or rethread with a shorter piece of the existing cable

Amazing, thanks both.
    Never knew that, had already emailed them asking where I can buy them from. So should all be good.

Thanks also, will take it apart tonight to see if I can fit it.

Cheers
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • markwb79
    Well that was quick, took it apart and the break was right at the end, so I have repaired it. All seems to be good.

Also just had a email from boa and they said about the warranty.

Very impressed by the service!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012