Emonda sl5 vs Supersix Evo

caiomoc
caiomoc Posts: 2
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
I'm about to upgrade to an entry level carbon bike. I need an all around bike, something that I could race on eventually but would also give me the comfort for the long weekend rides. I dont plan on owning more than one bike, so this new one should be versatile enough.

I've done some research and I'm between the Emonda Sl5 and the Cannondale Supersix Evo, both equipped with a 105 Shimano groupset. Since I haven't had the chance to ride any of them, I would like to hear some perspectives of those who have (or at least have some useful information about any of them).

Any thoughts?

ps: the other option available where I live is the Tarmac Sport, but it is more expensive than the other two and seem to deliver about the same.

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Be worth checking your happy with the geometry of both bikes first, the Emonda SL frame only comes in H2 position, which is fine but its not as aggressive as the Supersix.
    Ive been lucky to have ridden Emondas and Supersix's a lot. I had the SLR and also any older Supersix with Ultegra. I loved the Supersix, but i was younger and more flexible then. My SLR was H1 so again able to get a racey position on it.
    My heart would say supersix, but i think my head would talk me into the Emonda. The Emonda for me is just that bit more of an everything bike, good for racing, comfortable for all day in the saddle and takes 28mm tyres. The supersix looks better though.....tough decision. Sorry for being no help what so ever!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I regularly ride my SS Evo for 100 mile plus rides in summer. It's comfortable over these rides......
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    What size you looking for ?
    Are you committed to buying from a shop or could you buy used ?
    Some very nice ex-demo Giant TCRs at Rutland (and Propels).
    Just gone from a Supersix to TCR Advanced Pro and very pleased
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.