No SRAM Force/red?

ollaay
ollaay Posts: 166
edited April 2018 in Road general
Why are less people stocking SRAM Force/Red 22 now? Wiggle, ribble merlin crc etc all aren't selling the groupsets. Only a few are stocking.
Just eTap is readily available are they just switching to 1x?

Was going to built a new bike up with force 22, but not sure if they're discontinuing them.. may have to go through eBay for them.

Comments

• I managed to get a force 22 groupset for £200, which consisted of a new cassette, 1190 carbon TT shifters (barely used), new front and rear derailleur. All bought separately after a lot of research and auctions! The deals are out there but take a while to find.
  • ollaay
    I managed to get a force 22 groupset for £200, which consisted of a new cassette, 1190 carbon TT shifters (barely used), new front and rear derailleur. All bought separately after a lot of research and auctions! The deals are out there but take a while to find.
    Oh nice, no chainset or brakes? I just picked up a new rear deraileur for £25. Shifters and chainset are the most expensive so I'll be on a lookout for those on eBay then aswell.
    Not sure if it's worth just getting a 6800 groupset on eBay instead there's a few around, used SRAM ones are pretty pricey.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Fudge cycles usually cheapest for Sram, get Red shifters, Force front and rear mechs and Red crank (much lighter) usually cheapest from Amazon.
    Ultegra Cassette, and Brakes.
  • ollaay
    banditvic wrote:
    Fudge cycles usually cheapest for Sram, get Red shifters, Force front and rear mechs and Red crank (much lighter) usually cheapest from Amazon.
    Ultegra Cassette, and Brakes.
    Ok cheers will take a look!
  • ctp046
    ctp046 Posts: 46
    Are you from the UK?

I believe SRAM has tighter regulations on distributors than for example Shimano. So for example, CRC (UK based) isn't allowed to ship SRAM products to the states, Jenson (US based) isn't allowed to ship SRAM to Canada etc. I believe that because of this a lot of the sites are setup so that if you're shopping from outside the country the product won't show up. Might explain some of your problems.
  • ollaay wrote:
    I managed to get a force 22 groupset for £200, which consisted of a new cassette, 1190 carbon TT shifters (barely used), new front and rear derailleur. All bought separately after a lot of research and auctions! The deals are out there but take a while to find.
    Oh nice, no chainset or brakes? I just picked up a new rear deraileur for £25. Shifters and chainset are the most expensive so I'll be on a lookout for those on eBay then aswell.
    Not sure if it's worth just getting a 6800 groupset on eBay instead there's a few around, used SRAM ones are pretty pricey.

I grabbed a sram red DZero power meter for £600 with my BC discount so that’s my chainset haha. Brakes are a vision trimax front and bottom bracket rear so no need.
  • ollaay
    CTP046 wrote:
    Are you from the UK?

I believe SRAM has tighter regulations on distributors than for example Shimano. So for example, CRC (UK based) isn't allowed to ship SRAM products to the states, Jenson (US based) isn't allowed to ship SRAM to Canada etc. I believe that because of this a lot of the sites are setup so that if you're shopping from outside the country the product won't show up. Might explain some of your problems.
    Ahh I see thanks for that, was wondering why I'm seeing less of sram around, shimano is everywhere on websites!
  • js14
    js14 Posts: 198
    Bumping an older thread, but I noticed SRAM has very recently updated a FAQ on its website: "Is there an Etap Force option" and the answer now reads "SRAM has always offered and rolled out its technologies at different price levels. More details will be communicated shortly." (In French here: https://sram.zendesk.com/hc/fr/articles/207292587-Existe-t-il-une-option-SRAM-Force-eTap-
    I wonder if this update is significant. Is SRAM finally going to compete against Ultegra DI2? You read it here first!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Just sold a SRAM Force 22 groupset and will be selling the Red Exogram cranks (110BCD) very soon.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.