Cero AR30 evo or Hunt Race Aero Wide

Sandercycling
Sandercycling Posts: 12
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Does someone has experience with this wheels? They have good reviews. They say they are very light, stiff, a bit aero and tubeless compatible. What do you think of them and how do they compare to other wheels like for example Fulcrum Racing Zero/Campagnolo Shamal Ultra?

Comments

• PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    I have 3 sets of Cero wheels , the old model AR30 , ARD23 and AR22 , all of which are superb. I recommend this brand.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I can also recommend cero wheels, and cycledivision who sell them, I personally think they are a better wheel than fulcrum racing 3,s , I run tubless on mine and have not had any problems
  • shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    got the AR24's,fantastic. Very light and durable. Great wheels
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Never used cero wheels but the fulcrum zeros are simply brilliant.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    I've just bought and yet to use the ar24 Evos and if they are anything like the ar30 for fitting tubeless then you will find them easy to fit.
    I fitted schwalbe pro ones and they want on easy and inflated very easily first time.
    Can't comment on their use yet but by all accounts that should be a good wheel.
    T
  • TonySJ wrote:
    I've just bought and yet to use the ar24 Evos and if they are anything like the ar30 for fitting tubeless then you will find them easy to fit.
    I fitted schwalbe pro ones and they want on easy and inflated very easily first time.
    Can't comment on their use yet but by all accounts that should be a good wheel.
    T
    I look forward to your impressions of the wheels.
  • I can also recommend cero wheels, and cycledivision who sell them, I personally think they are a better wheel than fulcrum racing 3,s , I run tubless on mine and have not had any problems
    Why do you like them so much? I'm considering to buy them for some criteriums and maybe for some training.
  • PK1 wrote:
    I have 3 sets of Cero wheels , the old model AR30 , ARD23 and AR22 , all of which are superb. I recommend this brand.

Why do you like them so much? I'm considering to buy them for some criteriums and maybe for some training. And in specially, what do you think of the AR30's? How do they ride?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    My reasons for liking the wheels, stiff, light, well made , robust, braking seems more sharper than fulcrum , and they act very well in cross winds there seems to be less buffeting.
  • PK1 wrote:
    Bought the Cero AR30 wheels as a replacement for my campag Neutrons. First impressions straight out of the box was the wheels were true. Ridden them for roughly 300 mile and no complaints as yet. They climb as well as the Neutrons and roll well, braking is perefectly acceptable. Don't know about longevity but happy with purhase and for £349 a steal imo.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Cycle division as a company are great, I have the 24s and performance wise they are great. I had a spoke go, but they sorted that no problem. My only issue was that fitting tyres was difficult, however I did research this and found a solution.

I’ll be glad to get them back on as the vision 35s I’m using as winter wheels are horrendous compared to the Evos.
  • shiznit76
    Cycle division as a company are great, I have the 24s and performance wise they are great. I had a spoke go, but they sorted that no problem. My only issue was that fitting tyres was difficult, however I did research this and found a solution.

I’ll be glad to get them back on as the vision 35s I’m using as winter wheels are horrendous compared to the Evos.

What was the hints for fitting tyres you found?
  • Already thank you for the reviews! And did they came in a good box, were the well protected?
  • shiznit76
    Already thank you for the reviews! And did they came in a good box, were the well protected?
    yes, came well boxed and well prtoected, standard for ordering any wheels. Also got couple freebie drinks bottles, just to add to my collection of them
  • And can anyone compere them performancewise with Fulcrum Racing Zero/Campagnolo Shamal Ultra or similar wheels?
  • PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    Cero wheels, no truing , no broken spokes , bearings still OK , tubeless tyres fit easily. Free delivery from Cycledivision who are very helpful too. I don't know how you can compare wheel performance without some sort of controlled lab test.
  • No you can not compare them with science by yourself, but you can do it on feel. Which feel the stiffest, the lightest, the most comfortable, which roll the smoothest? Do they keep their speed well? How is the braking in dry and wet conditions? On average, with which wheels you come home with the highest AVG? These are all questions on which you can base to say which wheels the best are.
  • And does anyone has experience with Hunt Race Aero Wide wheels?
  • Matt_Chilo
    Matt_Chilo Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Post deleted
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    shiznit76 wrote:

What was the hints for fitting tyres you found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvXrlAUUfU

Pushing the tire bead in really helped.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Matt_Chilo wrote:
    Just received my CERO AR30 wheels, and must say I am disappointed. Took over a week to arrive from order and chasing twice. They arrived with no valves (I actually checked this before they were sent). Plus the rims do not have the appearance of a nice freshly machined surface - look like there have been heavy braking on them, both wheels.
    Called the shop, and was told they are busy, will come back to me, but I wasn't filled with confidence, and didn't feel like a valued new customer.
    Just on an observation, the rims are matt black, and have the look of being lightly powder coated, although I'm sure its just paint. Maybe I shouldn't expect more for £349...

that's all very unusual. if the rims aren't day 1 fresh then I'd say there is and issue.