Campag Gear Cable Stuck

KevinA
KevinA Posts: 492
edited January 2018 in Workshop
Hi Guys

So I have changed my chainrings and thought I would change gear cable as well, I took the cable out of the bike and up to the handlebar and it looks like I messed up and the cable has went into the shifter housing.

I can see the cable through where it should come out and the bulb at the end of the cable is through a little plastic bit - Any tips on how to get it back through and out of the bike?

Comments

• KevinA
    image1_zpsttax7cg9.png
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Have you tried shifting through the clicks to see if the cable then lines up with the exit point? I can't remeber which way it is but usually the shifter needs to be taken through all the "clicks" on way or another before the cable can be replaced (I think you need to click the thumb shifter all the way)
  • KevinA
    i.bhamra wrote:
    Have you tried shifting through the clicks to see if the cable then lines up with the exit point? I can't remeber which way it is but usually the shifter needs to be taken through all the "clicks" on way or another before the cable can be replaced (I think you need to click the thumb shifter all the way)

Yeah I got it after a bit of fiddling

Cheers