Lots of choice, need lots of opinions!

Tim F
Tim F Posts: 67
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

From the UK and looking to spend around £2k. Lots of options available! I'm 5foot6 and looking for a bike that maximises comfort. I don't need an extreme race bike. I ride on rough roads mainly so needs to be damped. I almost certainly need a 52cm top tube (not larger). Selling my current bike as it's too stretched. I have a few stems knocking around so can shorten the reach if required.

Seen the following for around the same price:
- Wilier GTR SL Endurance Ultegra 2017- £1600 Small size
- Wilier GTR SL Endurance Dura Ace 2016 - £1700 Size 50 & 52 available
- Colnago C-RS Ultegra 2017- £1620 - 45S Size

Seen nothing particularly good value second hand except a Cervelo S3 Ultegra 2017 at £2k (this is a touch expensive as you used to be able to get them new at that price).

Thoughts appreciated!

Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Tim F
    No thoughts ?
  • pitters
    pitters Posts: 12
    I’m a fan of giant bikes. Get a lot of bike for your money and a good bike shop will sort out the fit
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Can't help on those bike choices, but based on your requirements I'd recommend a Trek Domane SL disc bike. These have the front and rear Isospeed decoupler, mixed with 32mm tyres it makes for a very smooth comfortable ride.
    I ride a 52, I have a Trek Domane SL5 that you're more than welcome to have ride on and see what you think.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Those Wiliers are nice bikes. No reason not to if one of the sizes is a good fit for you.
  • https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Bianchi-Sempre ... SoEALw_wcB

Bianchi Sempre Pro.
    It’s very comfortable even though it’s a bit more race oriented than the others you mention.
    I have owned one for a few years, excellent ride and comfortable for long journeys. I am same height and ride a 53 frame so pick between 50 and 53 you would get away with either although I found the 50 too small.
    Full Campagnolo groupset 11sp.

I’d never get rid of mine it’s such a brilliant all round bike
  • Tim F
    Thanks all, after a few conversations with friends in the know I got the Colnago. Appreciate your advice though!
  • froze
    froze Posts: 213
    no comment