Caad12 ultegra or Supesix Evo ultegra (2017 bikes)

ExCyclist
ExCyclist Posts: 336
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Who got one or both of these? I'm looking at buying either one but I'm really struck on the Caad12 Ultegra.

Which one represents better VFM.

Opinions / sarky comments, etc welcome.

Comments

• I have a CAAD 12 DA Disc and SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod Team and I can confidently say that neither will disappoint.

The CAAD 12 is my winter bike and is noticeably more comfortable than the SuperSix, which is no doubt down to the SAVE seatpost and the tubeless set up. The SuperSix on the other hand feels much firmer, but that is probably down to the K-Force Light seatpost and higher tire pressures. It is still remarkably comfortable for a full on race bike and I have done a few 100 mile rides on it without any comfort issues.

The SuperSix is a good bit lighter than the CAAD 12 as well (probably about 2kg) and I feel it is noticeable riding around the Yorkshire Dales, where I live, but I doubt that it makes a huge amount of difference to my average speeds (even if I put the aero wheels back on). The disc brakes on the CAAD 12 do feel great, especially in the ‘Dales in winter, but the DA rim brakes on the SuperSix have never given me cause for concern. They just feel different when switching between bikes but performance is fine on both.

If I could only have 1 bike I would probably go with the CAAD 12 and that is mainly down to the bang for your buck that you get with the aluminium frame set. I really would miss the SuperSix though...so maybe I’d keep that instead :|