Planet X / Briko Bib Shorts - Any Good?

Mapaputsi
Mapaputsi Posts: 104
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
In the market for a couple of new pairs of bib shorts for the summer and don't want to spend too much. Would usually go for dhb but spotted Planet X's range for £10-30, anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

Also sizing - are they normal sizing or 'Italian' sizing? I'm 5'11", 75kg, 32 Waist.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I bought a few pairs in sales last year. I'm 1m85, around 84kg with sprinter's thighs. The EC130 aero ones size up small, more like Italian sizing. I ended up going for XL. The L appeared to fit, but the stitching round the band at the leg bottom isn't that stretchy so they ended up cutting into my thighs. The clubman shorts are pretty good. Size up a bit large if anything. I went for M. A little on the short side, but that seems to be the case for most shorts. The Pro-Line 365 are probably the best of the ones I have tried, feel alot more expensive than they cost and decent fit (I went M again). Pads seem good on all three, although I haven't ridden over 50 miles yet.

Oh, the classic club bibshorts went back. Pretty poorly finished, seemed a bit cheap and nasty.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I've the Clubman shorts and use them a lot for turbo sessions - they're absolutely fine after a few years use.
    The Flanders Lion ones are a nicer finish though.
  • kingdav
    kingdav Posts: 417
    I really like the planetx shorts, if you watch out for the sales you can normally get them for about £20-25.
    I have some windstopper bib tights that are my favourites at the moment for the cold days, but they don't seem to do them any more. 2 x Planet X Pro-Line 365X 3/4 Length Bib Knickers. for the summer I have 1 x On-One Raceline Bib Shorts and 1 x Planet X Pro-Line 365 X Bib Shorts.

I buy size L (6ft and 85kg)