Early signs of the season

2»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    No matter how many times I wash my car it's still filthy.

Great conditions for a bike race >:)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Weird

Alaphillippe is the bookie's favourite for Strade Bianche (around 5/2), then Kwiatkowski (around 7/2)*, Stybar 9/2 and GVA around 7/1. But it's really varied depending on the betting site, and none of the odds are that short so it seems pretty wide open (Alaphillippe has consistently shortest odds).

*even though he's apparently not riding... A few places had Sagan as well who also isn't riding.

E.g., William Hill has Alaphillippe 3/1, Stybar 9/2, GVA 5/1, Wellens 8/1, Lutsenko 10/1 and Benoot 16/1.

Not going to be wet this year though :(:(

Weird. Isn't MvdP doing Strade? I'd put him on par with Alaphilippe or just behind, but certainly in front of Kwiatkowski.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    ^^ wrong year....
  • Under new UCI rules the Strade Bianche can only be raced if they can guarantee it won't rain.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/uci-adds-new-rules-about-gravel-roads-in-races-448867

Good old UCI, as ambiguous as ever. Still their illustrious leader thinks gravel has a big future................Maybe indoors, on the track. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    What, they're not gonna run a wet SB?
  • rick_chasey
    Early sign of the season: me complaining about Kirby.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

Early sign of the season: me complaining about Kirby.

Also a sign of mid season and late season
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Fair.
  • Another sign of the season - UCI introducing rule changes that no one will really understand until after roubaix. Extreme Weather Protocol is now just "The Protocol" which sounds mysterious and covers more stuff
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    I can't even be bothered following the results in the Arabian peninsula this season. Only worth looking at for the Boonen classics form guide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Qatar was fun.