Noisy tacx vortex smart....

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
im new to this indoor training lark and having a 'few' issues with the above trainer...NOISE !

Im using a Vittoria Zaffiro trainer tyre on it...set up the calibration ( tyre to roller ) yet when its central in the green zone the tyre slips and squeals....Set it a bit harder onto the roller and its quiet.....

Is it the brand of tyre or should I just ignore the calibration settings and go on instinct / visual. ?????

Also when using Zwift on a flat route the roller seems to increase tension to a point where there is a smell of burning tyre and im going no where !!!

its linked to a brand new MacBook via bluetooth and an ANT dongle for my HR monitor and cadence sensor fitted to the crank arm.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I had a version of this tonight, i'm new to training with power, up until now its been a cheap mag trainer and the bikes gears.

I did a calibration last night followed by a 5 min test which seemed fine then this evening I started one of the hill courses and the minute the road went up, my cadence dropped to 0 and speed 2 mph, plus that burning smell, when i finally gave in and had a look my tyre had been chewed to bits (not a turbo tyre), so i recalibrated until until it set to 1.5 then started again on a new course, this time it seemed to go fine, cadence power and speed all as expected and no burning smell.

Noise for me is okay because i'm in the garage on a yoga type mat with music at full volume

Good luck
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    had to swap the vortex - it was faulty...New kit works perfectly