Chain Quick Link Help

KevinA
KevinA Posts: 492
edited January 2018 in Workshop
Hi Guys

I am confused, I have bought a new set of chainrings and need to shorten the chain length.

I am looking at buying a quick link for a 10 speed campagnolo chain and the only one I can find is http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kmc-10-speed-chain-links/

I spoke with the online chat and they say this won't be suitable for a campagnolo chain even though there is a selection for either sram/shimano/kmc or camagnolo

Would this work or can someone point me in the right direction for a campagnolo 10 speed quick link?

Comments

• Just buy a new KMC chain. It comes with a quick link. Ditch the Campag chain
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I bet it will work. I bet £6.99.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I used the Campag specific KMC quick link for years on my 10-speed Record chain. Worked fine, no problems. Just choose Campag on the Wiggle drop down menu.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Look through the q and a and they say it's compatible for campag anyway.
  • KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    Yeah I ordered it, I pointed out that if it didnt fit a campag chain then why would you have an option.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I think you got a duff online chat person.

The KMC 10 speed Campag specific quick link will definitely work.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I use the KMC 11 speed links with my Campag 11 speed chains, no problem.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,701
    keef66 wrote:
    I think you got a duff online chat person.
    This. We are going to online chat as a trial on our website, it will be handled initially by sales staff with little technical expertise. If there are any technical questions they should refer them upwards if they don't know the answer. Whoever answered your question didn't know what they were talking about and should have asked rather than guess the answer.