Road disc brake questions...

richardjinman
richardjinman Posts: 14
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi, apologies if some of these questions have been answered before, but any advice appreciated. I've just got a new Cannondale Synapse with CZero wheels. Love the bike, but would like to get some deeper wheels, eg: Reynolds Assault, Zipp 302 etc.
The bike is set up with centrelock discs .... 16 on the front, 14 on the rear.
Questions are:

If I buy wheels with 6-bolt rotors is there much adjustment required to make them fit existing brake set up?

Is it possible to adjust the front brake to use a 14 rotor on the front or am I stuck with 16?

And finally, if I want to sell the Czeros any idea what I should ask for them. They're only sold as part of Cannondale bikes as far as I know so it's kind of hard to know.

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    You can use 6 bolt wheels with no changes needs to your brake set-up. Although you obviously can't use your centrelock rotors on 6 bolt wheels unless you buy adapters. You can change your discs from 160 to 140 on the front by turning round the adapter beneath the caliper (if it's flat mount shimano)
    Not sure about the value of your wheels but I can highly recommend 3t c60 discuss wheels.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • noodleman wrote:
    You can use 6 bolt wheels with no changes needs to your brake set-up. Although you obviously can't use your centrelock rotors on 6 bolt wheels unless you buy adapters. You can change your discs from 160 to 140 on the front by turning round the adapter beneath the caliper (if it's flat mount shimano)
    Not sure about the value of your wheels but I can highly recommend 3t c60 discuss wheels.

Thanks for that, appreciated. They are flat mount shimano so will move to 140 front and back.