New pawl spring on freehub

pollys_bott
pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
edited January 2018 in The workshop
So, in my own very special cack-handed way of doing stuff I managed to knacker the pawl spring on a brand new Fulcrum 6 disc freehub. I have a replacement spring but am not sure how / where it goes ie is there a tiny hole for that little hook-bit that sticks out to the side to slot into? Does it slot into / on top of one of the pawls? Or can the spring go round the freehub in any position?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    So, in my own very special cack-handed way of doing stuff I managed to knacker the pawl spring on a brand new Fulcrum 6 disc freehub. I have a replacement spring but am not sure how / where it goes ie is there a tiny hole for that little hook-bit that sticks out to the side to slot into? Does it slot into / on top of one of the pawls? Or can the spring go round the freehub in any position?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Pictures of the disassembled freehub would help a lot. It depends on the make of the freehub as to how the pawl springs are held in. You might find the springs leap out into the workshop as you take the body off, and roll under the nearest immobile object.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.