Pactimo

-Dash
-Dash Posts: 179
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had any luck getting a refund after returning items to Pactimo?

Their site states 3-5 business days and I've been back and forth in emails with the UK arm. They just seem to be passing the blame to the US... something about them processing payments etc. It's been near enough 14 business days now. The items have been signed for and after some prompting I managed to get acknowledgement of receipt.

I'm starting to believe they're quite untrustworthy which is a shame based on the good feedback here and other places.

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Try contacting the U.S. site. I live in the States and as far as I know they have a very good reputation for customer service. They may be willing to intervene for you.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I’ve never had a problem with Pactimo, as a matter of fact I rate them very highly, with sales and returns
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Never had a problem with them and always happy to recommend them to others.

The UK rep Mandy is usually extremely helpful with any issues or queries. Hopefully your issues will be resolved soon.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I haven't tried to get a refund from Pactimo yet but have done exchanges with no hassle, I'd be really surprised if you don't get it sorted. Fantastic kit as well, I just love their bibs. Just bought a pair of the 12 hour bibs but not tried them yet. I have Castelli/Assos/Exteondo bibs (and quite a few others :oops: ) but Pactimo are the ones I find myself choosing to wear every time.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • -Dash
    I was a bit perplexed as I couldn't find anything anywhere to suggest anyone else has had an issue.

I now finally have a Paypal refund notification, though apparently it will be going to my Paypal balance instead of the card I paid with. Bit strange but maybe that's a Paypal thing. That will take 5 days to process too. So effectively it's almost 30 days after posting the items back that I'll get my refund. Honestly, I think that's a pretty poor turnaround time (and I'm allowing for the Christmas break within that).

It would have been nice for them to at least offer an apology but they immediately seemed to jump on the defensive and pass the buck to the US processing team. I never got any follow up back after they said they'll look into it and ended up opening a Paypal case. Funnily enough, they responded to the email pretty soon after the Paypal case opened asking me to close it so they can refund. I'm not super well versed in Paypal so I wasn't sure if I should close the dispute on their request... that seemed like a Paypal responsibility so I waited until Paypal closed it (an extra day so not much in the grand scheme of things).

As for the quality of the products unfortunately they turned out to be quite a bit larger than I had expected based on the size guide, hence the reason for the return. The products I kept seem nice though. Initially, the order itself was a little delayed in reaching me as the office had typo'd my postcode on the label. That combined with the rather delayed returns process has put me off ordering again unless I know the product will definitely fit / suit.
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    I have loads of Pactimo cycling kit and rate it extremely highly. I have also returned items for a refund or exchange and never had any problems. Sure I have sometimes had a delay in getting a refund but have never worried that the refund would not come through. The UK contact - Mandy has always been great and responds very quickly.
    One of the best companies for cycling kit and customer services.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I've spent a lot of money with Pactimo over the years and have received some excellent customer service from them along the way. As others have said above I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
  • -Dash
    Decided to check with Paypal as the refund has still not processed. They told me that Pactimo used an eCheque to send the refund which is a lot slower than a standard instant refund. I'll be lucky to receive the money by the end of next week apparently... more than a month after returning the items.

They've yet to even bother responding to my email asking for the refund. I only got the Paypal notification.