Hello from Cardiff UK

robjenko2497
robjenko2497 Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Road beginners
Hi Everyone.
My name is Rob, I was a smoker for 40 years I quit 4 years ago. I started riding again 6 months after quitting to try and get back in shape.
My first bike was a GT Avalanche Sport which was great fun but I was finding it hard work. Late 2015 I cheated and bought a Cube Reaction Hybrid 500 Electric Bike which I still own.
Mid 2017 My son was selling his Scott Speedster road bike which I snapped up. Since then I have been into road cycling much more but I was still missing off road so I bought myself a Norco Search A 105 Hydro which gives me the best of both worlds IMO of course.
I’m looking forward to learning a lot from this forum especially the setting up of a man cave with a smart trainer on Zwift.
I do hope I haven’t over done the intro and apologies if I've put it in the wrong place.

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Good for you, a guy I work with has tried to quit about 5 times and failed so congratulations! Those Norcos look really cool as well. Enjoy!
  • Welcome aboard, Zwift is a great training tool particularly in the Winter here in the UK.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Well done on losing the fags, smoking is a disgusting habit. Just keep at it (cycling) and your fitness will improve.
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    Have you thought about joining a local club? I used to ride occasionally with Cardiff Jif or Cardiff Ajax when visiting the in-laws. Despite the focus on racing the Jif rides on a Saturday were quite leisurely and they were both very friendly.