Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon 2017

furiousd
furiousd Posts: 214
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Worth £660 for a new wheelset? Anything i should be worried about or would i be better off looking at something else.
Currently have Cosmic Elites which have been fine, went out of true once other than that pretty good.
Fancy an upgrade and a bit of bling.
Cheers
D

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Excellent wheelset, assuming you mean the SL C clinchers? I've been running them for 9 months and they're a superb all-rounder IMO. Often overlooked in the rush to Zipp et al, and wrongly so.

More importantly they look good ;)

For £660 that's an absolute steal.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Apart from the obvious advantage an alloy rim with carbon faring will have on wet weather braking, I'm struggling to think of a reason I'd buy the Cosmic Carbon Pro's nowadays.They look good, but for not much more money you are either on top end alloy wheels, or better full carbon wheels. You can get CRC/Wiggle Prime carbon wheels for a bit less, and save a couple of hundred grams, or Wheelsmith carbon wheels for not much more, with a wider and lighter rim.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Out of interest, where are you seeing them for that much?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    FuriousD wrote:

Ah. Ignore my comments. Different wheelset.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    Gweeds wrote:
    FuriousD wrote:

Ah. Ignore my comments. Different wheelset.

Thought they were, thanks anyway.