Just Wednesday, nothing special

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hybrid - meant car for 30 miles and bike for 6 miles as I was short on time. The bike part was done on a mans bike - drop handle bars and no gears oh, and a puncture half way in :(
    Oh, that was you? :mrgreen:

Where were you?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    You lot take all the romance out of w@nking :roll:

:lol:

Stop using the forum as "inspiration" then! Get yourself a copy of Razzle, or Mayfair if you're posh.
    I could send him a copy of this poxy global transfer pricing master file - that would stop him. At least I sincerely hope it would...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hybrid - meant car for 30 miles and bike for 6 miles as I was short on time. The bike part was done on a mans bike - drop handle bars and no gears oh, and a puncture half way in :(

Where were you?

Eaton Road nr Chester, with the squeaky disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... subject matter that only Hoppy will truly appreciate the drudgery of doing.
    The rest of us may not understand it but we can imagine the drudgery. Tax accountancy, zzz....
    See, works every time.

You going to SLF in March? I've just been asked to go to Denmark that weekend and I'd rather do SLF.
    We got the tickets...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    All work and no play yesterday (hassled by a customer in Scotland for parts later on) and today feels it's going to be the same

Hound walked (woke him up to go) and now off for a hybrid commute
    That's a broad job scope for a finance bod...although I see you've seen the light on hybrids :P

The customer frequents this forum, so my involvement was limited to passing it onto some who should have been able to help

That doesn't sound like a mountain bike.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sounds exactly like a mountain bike - its a Salsa. mountain bike with drop handlebars.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Rubbish compared to you lot and your international businessmeninging but I’m currently in a ‘hotel’ on the Mull of Kintyre for work. The plus side is I’m already two pints into the Fyne Ales courtesy of expenses and they are hound-friendly so I have some company. Hound being of the dog variety, not Campbelltown locals. The place is a bit tired but the food is decent, the beer is better and the view of the beach is amazing. Might bring the surf board once the sun stays up past 5...

Going to get pissed and ask for a non-itemised bill.
  • Stevo_666
    sounds exactly like a mountain bike - its a Salsa. mountain bike with drop handlebars.
    Anything with curly handlebars isn't a mountain bike and needs burning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Where were you?

Eaton Road nr Chester, with the squeaky disc brakes.

Yes! Thanks for stopping
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Rubbish compared to you lot and your international businessmeninging but I’m currently in a ‘hotel’ on the Mull of Kintyre for work. The plus side is I’m already two pints into the Fyne Ales courtesy of expenses and they are hound-friendly so I have some company. Hound being of the dog variety, not Campbelltown locals. The place is a bit tired but the food is decent, the beer is better and the view of the beach is amazing. Might bring the surf board once the sun stays up past 5...

Not sure working from home yesterday counted as international jet setting, but the 'bring a hound to work' thing sounds like a good laugh :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Not sure working from home yesterday counted as international jet setting, but the 'bring a hound to work' thing sounds like a good laugh :)

You'll need to get him a bicycle. Perhaps a hybrid.

I'll get my coat.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

You'll need to get him a bicycle. Perhaps a hybrid.
    I'll just give him a croggy.

shoulder-dog.jpg?w=970&h=1004
  • pinno
    Funny that. 'Croggy' was a term I first heard from my good mate Andy from Hull. Ex HKR player - one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. It's definitely an East Coast term, just like "There's more bikes here than Soft Mick's bike warehouse... and that's a lot of bikes". I say that a lot in reference to many things but very few of these West coast morons understand me.
  • Stevo_666
    It was definitely a North Eastern thing. Not sure it made the trip over the Pennines though, like you say.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It was definitely a North Eastern thing. Not sure it made the trip over the Pennines though, like you say.

Yep, they think i'm nuts. I am but for completely the wrong reasons - which makes them stupid.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That's a backy. No idea what a "croggy" is!
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

The only problem with the last 6 months or so is that I have been spending a lot more time in the office so I actually have to make a bit of an effort to walk him after work, after a day of site visits and zooming he's usually out cold as soon as we get in the door.

Also, that is a backy, I'll ask the near-hull-but-not-hull originating OH what she would call it
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's the original and correct Northern term, not the shandy drinking Southern version.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's the original and correct Northern term, not the shandy drinking Southern version.
    H³ is a northerner, that's a Geordie* term.

* Yes, I know. I was deliberately using Geordie for the whole of the North East just to play up to my southern ignorance.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    H³ is a northerner, that's a Geordie* term.

* Yes, I know. I was deliberately using Geordie for the whole of the North East just to play up to my southern ignorance.
    Coventry? That's not North. That's the Midlands, aka the bit of land for the A1 and M1 to connect North and South.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    H³ is a northerner...
    Coventry? That's not North. That's the Midlands, aka the bit of land for the A1 and M1 to connect North and South.
    Anywhere North of Luton according to this sign:
    M1-1-09-21.jpg
    Sign at Watford Gap:
    north-south_1514455c.jpg
  • haydenm
    The near-hull-but-not-hull originating OH calls it a 'croggy'. She also once used the word 'tret' instead of 'treated' in front of me, apparently it's a 'Hull thing'...
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    The near-hull-but-not-hull originating OH calls it a 'croggy'.
    Northerner.
    HaydenM wrote:
    She also once used the word 'tret' instead of 'treated' in front of me, apparently it's a 'Hull thing'...
    I can see the sense in that, but it's still wrong.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That's a backie. A croggy is sitting on the cross bar or handlebars.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    She also once used the word 'tret' instead of 'treated' in front of me, apparently it's a 'Hull thing'...

I can see the sense in it also, it sounds even worse in a thick Hull accent though like some of the OH's friends.
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I can see the sense in it also, it sounds even worse in a thick Hull accent though like some of the OH's friends.

Worst still, the accent from Grimsby and it's aptly named: Grim sby.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Worst still, the accent from Grimsby and it's aptly named: Grim sby.
    Could be worse, you could be from Scunthorpe.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    H³ is a northerner...
    Anywhere North of Luton according to this sign:
    M1-1-09-21.jpg
    Sign at Watford Gap:
    north-south_1514455c.jpg
    I put this on as soon as I go South of Yorkshire

soft_southern_shandy_drinking_bastard_trucker_hat-rc32a58e720964e16b6592475943a7192_eahwi_8byvr_540.jpg