Di2: EW-WU111 update firmware error

piotr@nyketech.com
edited January 2018 in Workshop
I use Shimano 9070 Di2 system with EW-RS910 module and EW-WU111 wireless module. I have tried to update EW-WU111 firmware via mobile version of eTube application. Unfortunately I haven't seen Di2 battery level was low, so operation failed. In consequence current version of EW-WU111 firmware has been lost. I have tried to restore firmware via SM-PCE1 diagnostic module, but eTube application (PC version) displays information:

"There is new firmware for EW-WU111, but as the Bluetooth LE version is not supported, it cannot be updated. Update it via the mobile edition".

Unfortunately, when I try to do it via mobile edition, operation always ends with error. After failed try, all Di2 components not respond and I must reset system by temporarily disconnecting battery.

How can I restore firmware?

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    If you can, plug it in to a pc and look through the eTube software on there. It may/ may not see some/ all of your components.

Try unplugging each component - rear and front derailleurs, shifters, junction A. Then replug them and see what you get. This sometimes sorts such issues out and you can start seeing/ adjusting them in eTube again.

Good luck

PP