Wahoo Kickr ‘17 No Cadence, Grrrr

ck101
ck101 Posts: 222
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
After buying a new Kickr to use with Apple TV and Zwift I’m somewhat disappointed to see that the Kickr doesn’t output Cadence on the same channel as Power. Both the new Wattbike and Tacx Neo do.

Wahoo list Cadence as being a feature of the Kicker and then in the small print mention it comes with a sensor.

From what I understand the cadence value is estimate on the Tacx anyway but its a real hassle not having it. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do a spindown calibration from the mobile app

Comments

• paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I'm struggling to see what the issue is here? Why don't you just fit the sensor to your crank arm its literally a two minute job. There are two apps for the Kickr one of them allows you to do a spindown and update firmware.
  • ck101
    The issue here is that the Apple TV only supports two Bluetooth connections, HR and Power in my case, no option for cadence unless you use the Zwift Mobile Link App which adds complexity. You also can’t do a spindown within Zwift via the Mobile Link App (I could be wrong on this but cant find it).
  • So, you're asking for advise AFTER buying something?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    Ck101 wrote:
    The issue here is that the Apple TV only supports two Bluetooth connections, HR and Power in my case, no option for cadence unless you use the Zwift Mobile Link App which adds complexity. You also can’t do a spindown within Zwift via the Mobile Link App (I could be wrong on this but cant find it).

Spindown is done via Wahoo app not Zwift. I use a PC with TV but still use the mobile app as it allows you to use powerups and turn without having the PC keyboard next to you so probably worth having it open.
  • My Neo is giving me power, cadence and hr on atv. I assume power and cadence on one channel, hr on the other.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ck101
    So, you're asking for advise AFTER buying something?

Partly & a rant.