Best MTB with budget of £500 - £1000

MTBXAOS
MTBXAOS Posts: 2
edited January 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hey, can someone please give me some advise on what is the best bike to buy in the £500 - £1000 price bracket..
I don’t know an entirely whole lot about the correct spec for me (I’m 5’5, weigh about 12.5 stone) or the best specs as in shimano gears vs sram gears etc.
I have a preference of a 1X gear, just because of the sheer simplicity.. it’s not my first time having a mountain bike but it will be my first time spending over £200 on one lol
I’m really considering the diamond back heist 2.0 simply coz I like how it looks is this a good bike?? As in like is it a good “bang for the buck?” Or is there better bikes at the same price range? Iv also been looking at the boardman pro 29r, the Scott aspect 720, or the cube ltd race in either 27.5 or 29.. again this is just mearly coz of the look of the bike and my little knowledge of “spec” that I know of... the diamondback heist 2.0 is ticking all the boxes for me in terms of frame size, wheel size and width, the rockshox soloair forks and the 1X gear system, but I don’t know much about all the rest.. can someone please give me their best advice or even consider another bike that may be better in terms of “bang for buck” also the bike is going to be used on main roads and some medium to rough terrain! Thanks in advance and I’d greatly appreciate anyone’s advice as I’m buying the bike in 1-2 weeks time

Comments

• slc123
    slc123 Posts: 407
    There is already quite a few posts floating around on this topic so I would suggest some forum searching, but generally a good recommendation around this price range would be the Voodoo Bizango, in terms of price vs spec it’s probably got on the best available at this level.
    Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
    Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
    Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Calibre Bossnut or Line10 from Go Outdoors, VooDoo Bizango from Halfords or a Giant Trance which you may find in the sales for around £1k. Also Boardman FS but it’s a bit old hat now.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    If you are getting one from Halfords - Boardman or Voodoo then buy a membership of British Cycling and get an additional 10% discount.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    Yep, Got to agree with above.
    I have a 2016 Voodoo Bizango ( Black and yellow one ) and well happy with it.

If your not in a hurry to get one occasionally Halfords run a promotion where you take any reasonable conditioned bike into the store and they will give you 10% off a new bike purchase. That and a BC discount and your quids in..

T