Broken STI Lever?!-already?!?!?!

ChrisK1399
ChrisK1399 Posts: 24
edited January 2018 in Workshop
First of all hello everyone!
I am new here and dont know where to post this question/issue i have with my right sti lever(tiagra 4700- controlling the rear mech).
I crashed this summer (nothing major, just bumped into my friend at a stop) and since then my lever has a click in it when i want to shift into larger cogs ( ex. from 11t to the 12t and all the way up the casette).
The click is kinda in the middle of the movement without affecting shifting in any way shape or form, it s just annoying to feel and hear. I also cleaned the shifter relubing and regreasing it, of course without taking it apart.
Oh, and the click (occurring in the middle of the shift,just before actually shifting) doesnt pull any cable at all,it s just there. If i couldn't hear it i would say everything was working perfect. :)

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I do love wacky descriptions of problems.
    You had a bump that impacted one of the shifters...
    first thing, if after that, the shifting has become out of whack.. is
    undo the flippin' shifter and check everything..
    squirting oil into a shifter mech and thinking thats sorted it, is like pi ssing on a burning car.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    And you're sure the click wasn't there before ?

What impacted ? It could well have been there already and you didn't notice. If it's all working....
  • Thanks for the replies
    The shifter works perfect; re lubed and cleaned after the "incident " and i am pretty sure the click was not there already
    I hit my friend s saddle at about 5 km/h since he applied the brakes too quick :)
    It could be just my obsession about it, better not worry about the issue since it s not a real "issue"?
    I adjusted the shifting one time, after that it stayed the same, smooth and quiet.(well before hitting it)