FSA wave spring washer

Dirty_Conky
Dirty_Conky Posts: 11
edited January 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
This is my first post and I would like to say Hi to everyone.
Maybe You can help me with this issue:
during a small road trip my crank fell off of my FSA bottom bracket. What i didn't notice then I've had to loose wave spring washer. Now my crank is keep coming loose no matter how hard i tightened it. I have FSA Comet crankset, 1x11, 32T and my bottom bracket is megaexo MS187. I've checked the manual and it says I need "MW454 Wave Spring Washer" but since I'm living in UK I can't really find it nowhere (found on american e-bay tough). So, my question is, can I use different model for it? My mate told me if i match id (which is 24mm) should be fine cuz all I need is some tension.
Can i use for example this model:
http://bit.ly/2CItY7N
It has easy access to get it. I've also found this baby on amazon, would that be okay since model above is for different crankset?:
http://amzn.to/2E9DwoD

Thanks to everyone who has patient.

Stay safe, peace!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yep, will be fine.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Just order for pickup from EVANS cyles store....saving you postage price.

https://www.evanscycles.com/fsa-bb30-sp ... nyEALw_wcB
    Give 'em hell
  • NIce one lads, I will give a try
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    My understanding is that wave washer is there to prevent excessive preload on the bearings as the crank bolt is tightened.

Generally when a crank is ridden with a loose bolt, it deforms so whilst the deformation is not visible, it will never be held in place again, certainly was the case with square tapered BB.

Hopefully the ww will cure the problem but don't be too surprised if it doesn't, you can try using thread lock on the bolt, way way back I fixed my crank using 2 part epoxy on the BB square taper.
  • Thank You all for sharing. Sharing is caring ;)

I've spent some money for this bike and I haven't been using it too much since that happened cuz that is what I thought - I will make more damage.. I've already ordered wave washer and as soon as i get it I will let You know is that works.
  • Hello again,

So i've ordered the spring washer and it seems to fit but after a single ride bolt unscrew again.. I've started to remove my left crankarm and I've noticed that is slightly moving. When i removed completly I found oud that hole is jagged a little bit, probably cuz I've been driving on damaged crankset. In this case, can I replace just my left crankarm?

Also, after I've put wave spring washer I have noticed my crankset is still slighty moving. Could I lose some other parts, like spacer? What can I do to set it properly?
    [img][/img]aAxBYx.jpg
    Qccigb.jpg
    H2t7QG.jpg
    Sssuw3.jpg
    2di2cu.jpg
    OBjUXy.jpg
  • I've also noticed that bolt is jagged so i'm waiting for new one to see if that will do any difference.

L4Moax.jpg