Pinarello ROKH Ultegra R8000 (2017)

CreakyCrank
CreakyCrank Posts: 3
edited March 2018 in Road buying advice
Anyone riding one of these ? Would like some rider comments/review/feedback.

I have my eye on one but am just a little concerned about the weight and can't find any informative reviews on a 2017 model. I would upgrade the wheels to Fulcrum Racing 3 if I bought one.

Comments

• ... what about a Pinarello Gan S , anyone ?
  • Hundreds of bikes out there to chose from, if you want to buy a Pinarello then buy one.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Pinarello's and other boutique bikes aren't generally as light as other bikes in the price bracket - you cam mostly buy a lesser brand that is lighter.
    I have had a pinarello, and like the one you are thinking of its weight was often cited as a minus point. At the level i was (am !) at it was never an issue. If you want the pinarello I wouldn't be put off by that - you will have probably forgot all about weight once you've done a few miles on it...
  • Bing181
    Bing181 Posts: 9
    I have a Rokh.

Depends what you're after. If you want something that's snappy, a kind of crit bike, then this isn't it - like most long wheelbase bikes. But ... if you want something comfortable and stable, and with great handling (best descending bike I've ever ridden, and I've had a few), and which really seems to hold speed well, it's really worth a look.

As always, watch the geometry though, make sure it's what you need. For me (long legs, short torso), it's perfect.