Cycling shoes

Stretch1991
Stretch1991 Posts: 2
edited January 2018 in MTB beginners
Hello, I’m alex and I’m reasonably new to moutain biking
I was just wondering if there are any other bikers on here who are tall like myself and know where to get clothes/shoes from and don’t mind giving me a few pointers
I’m 6’9 and I’m roughly around 20stone with most of my weight being round the middle and top half of my legs. I’ve found that your 2xxl shorts don’t touch me and look like I’m about to burst at any time
And then with tops it’s that they never come long enough in the body or the arms
Then the shoes I’m flat footed and my feet are a wide 13, I’m currently cycling in a pair of trainers which just aren’t up to the job this time of year

Any help would be most greatful
Thanks in advance and I hope you are all having a good start to 2018

Thanks again

Alex

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Hi mate

You can buy cyclingbshoes in size 13 - seems they are cheaper aswell because it’s a rare size, FiveTens for £55 here

https://www.scotbycycles.co.uk/68/produ ... gJWD_D_BwE

With regard to clothes maybe look at non cycling Sportswear. Do you have Sports Direct near you, they usually carry a large stock of sizes.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Shimano do shoes at least up to size 14.

I wear size 12 which equates to 47 but have to wear shimano 48, which are a snug fit, OK for cycling but would not be hugely comfortable as walking boots.

So that point of this is that you need to try out a pair, which may require going to a shop and paying slightly more, then buy same shoes cheaper from the Internet.
  • slc123
    slc123 Posts: 407
    I wear a size 12 and tend to just buy a waterproof flat walking shoe, pretty cheap to be honest from sports direct or similar retailer. Do the job perfectly Dorthe winter and grip pretty well on decent pedals!
    Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
    Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
    Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I still use trainers but in cold / wet I wear sock, poly bag (the ones you get on the veg section in the supermarket) sock then trainer. That works fine.

I like trainers because the soft soles grip the pins on my pedals albeit the soles get trashed.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Depends on what you want and your budget.

I've a few pairs of flat pedal shoes five ten vxi impacts, adidas terrex trail cross and some shimano am7 which are great shoes with a decent pedal.

Got them all on offer, so have a look about and you will pick up some bargains.