Bikes for Tall Rider

thegen378
thegen378 Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking for some advise... I am 6ft 6 and looking for a new bike or frame that will be big enough. I currently have a Btwin ultra 720AF (XL) which has been good to get me into road cycling. Although it is not particularly uncomfortable, the seat post is extended to the limit so i would like something with a larger frame.

I have read online that Canyon bikes goes up to 3xl but sizing can be a bit of a minefield. So if anyone can point me in of a bike that is larger or a frame ( some of the components on the btwin are good enough to move over) that would be great, got a budget of around £2,000. :D

Comments

• wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    I’m 6.5 and have had the same questions.

I’ve had a Canyon in 2XL but I could have got a XL.
    Currently have a Giant TCR in XL but the seatpost is at its max.
    Cannondale do a 63 in SuperSix which is huge and I only had a little bit of the seatpost showing, there was plenty left!

Think Specialized do a 61 Tarmac which should be fine
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... #p20201219

Have a look at this, including the link I posted.

FWIW you may not need a ridiculously big frame. I'm 6'4" and one of my bikes is a 58. I think Trek do some 62s which should be ample.
  • voodooman
    voodooman Posts: 183
    Also 6'6" here and have a Ridley (their cross bikes are famously large and built to take a proper beating) Xbow and a CAADX 61. Both a perfect in fit for me and seatposts nowhere near the limit marks.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Cube do larger frames. A decent "point of purchase" fit will also determine stuff like stem length/drop etc. as what you will require from a bike will depend on "where your height is". for example I'm 6'4" but the height is in the legs so it works better for me to have a smaller frame with a slightly shorter stem and use a longer seat post. Have a good look at the Attain and Agree.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris