Problems with left ultegra 6800 shifter

Sportiveman
Sportiveman Posts: 158
edited January 2018 in Workshop
I am fitting new gear cables on a new build but when fitting inner gear cable to ultegra 6800 left shifter the cable isn’t locating properly as in the end of the cable isn’t going into the shifter properly I thought it might be the cable so swapped the one from the right shifter but that goes in perfectly into the right shifter but not the left .
Also when I go change up or down with the left shifter it doesn’t click or move the cable
:?:
Please help Iv got no idea what is causing this ?

Comments

• Are the hoods pulled up? Make sure the hoods are not interfering with the lever mechanism.
  • Problems with the left shifter can sometimes relate to the cable routing onto the front mech. If the cable is attached to the 'wrong' side of the locking bolt the additional leverage required is so great that the shifter can't operate. Normally there's a notch behind the lock bolt (or on the washer) to confirm the confirm that correct cable path.
  • sextoke1
    sextoke1 Posts: 133
    I am fitting new gear cables on a new build but when fitting inner gear cable to ultegra 6800 left shifter the cable isn’t locating properly as in the end of the cable isn’t going into the shifter properly I thought it might be the cable so swapped the one from the right shifter but that goes in perfectly into the right shifter but not the left .
    Also when I go change up or down with the left shifter it doesn’t click or move the cable
    :?:
    Please help Iv got no idea what is causing this ?
    I have noticed in the past the following, Use a barrel end on the outer cable as in goes into the shifter. Make sure the cable end is in properly in the shifter and you have a bit of tension on it. When you test it later, make sure the hoods are pulled fully home. Pull the brake lever and look into it to make sure the small nut is still on the indexing cam. As one other fellow said about the cable on the right way. I made this mistake and when I put it on the other way, what a difference it made.