Anyone tried prime carbon wheels?

Okayjoe
Okayjoe Posts: 10
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Hello out there,

Has anyone tried these yet they seem to be getting good reviews on wiggle an Crc where they are up for 500£, I have a caad12 with Campy shamals that are stiff and around the same weight, I would like to know :

-would these wheels (50mm or 38mm) improve the harshness of the alloy frame and be smoother than my wheels in your opinione?

I ask because I find after 50 miles my caad12 even with carbon forks and post still beats me up a bit so I’m wondering if the wheels might cancel out some road buzz.
I am also looking at using them in Critériums which I know is not about being comfy.

Many thanks and appreciation in advance !!!

Comments

• Sanjay
    Sanjay Posts: 108
    I have the PR-50s however I haven't actually ridden them yet, they will be going on the summer bike when the weather improves. They arrived true and are the advertised weight. One of the main selling points for me were they come tubeless ready, with tubeless valves. I've put some Schwalbe Pro One 25mms on and will be running them at 60 psi. That would help with making your bike a bit more comfortable and cut down on punctures too. I've run Pro Ones on my last bike and tubeless is definitely the way forward in my opinion.
  • Okayjoe
    Okayjoe Posts: 10
    Sanjay wrote:
    I have the PR-50s however I haven't actually ridden them yet, they will be going on the summer bike when the weather improves. They arrived true and are the advertised weight. One of the main selling points for me were they come tubeless ready, with tubeless valves. I've put some Schwalbe Pro One 25mms on and will be running them at 60 psi. That would help with making your bike a bit more comfortable and cut down on punctures too. I've run Pro Ones on my last bike and tubeless is definitely the way forward in my opinion.

Thanks for your info greatly appreciated