My Canyon Endurace Buying Experience

Freeway
Freeway Posts: 18
edited January 2018 in Road buying advice
Just passing on my experience with canyon for those searching the o’l intertubes. Service first then sizing.
I ordered the Endurace AL 8.0 disk.
When I ordered mine , ( September 8th 2017 ) there happened to be a four month delivery time ( January 5th 2018 ) it came 3 weeks early in perfect condition. The wait as of today, for my size and color anyway, is down to a month with most other sizes in stock. I have a few theories about why my wait was so long but none of them have to do with them being incompetent or indifferent. So that was that. They beat their deadline and I was happy.
Sizing. I’m 181cm with an 87cm inseam and a ever so slightly shorter torso ( compared to my inseam ). I ordered a medium. I would say it’s almost perfect. That is to say if it was 1cm - 2cm bigger it would definitely feel to big. If it was 2cm smaller I think it would feel like a custom sized bike. So yeah, almost perfect. I reckon I could have gotten the rim version but I didn’t want that. The disk version fits up to 184cm, slightly bigger than the rim brake version which fits up to 182cm. At the moment I am not going to swap the 100mm stem for a 90mm because it’s so close to spot on that I don’t want to mess with the handling. I’m going to ride it for a few months and if I experience any back / neck pain I’ll revisit that decision. I have also moved my saddle as far forward as possible which makes me want to try a seat post with a 13mm setback instead of the 25mm it came with. But again, I’ll revisit that question after a few months on the bike.
Anyway, like I said, just a little post for all the folks out there googling for info wondering about buying a bike via the net where trying it isn’t an option. :)

Comments