tuesday sampling the contents of steed's drinks cabinet

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited January 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to gmc, have coffee, do stuff, bail early

though it seems like a year since i thought about it, must try to remember what i was up to, well, later anyway

weather relentlessly meh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning,

First day back in work - office is pretty deserted.

Going to be a quiet day I think.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    a weekend off the bike and it felt like I was riding with the brakes on this morning ... discovered a warm Pepsi Max in my locker at work ..... yay !!!! its like finding a pound coin in a pocket
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Left my bike at work over Christmas so peddling home this evening, back at work meh, could be worse.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just bought a chain. Whooppeee bloody doo. Aren't I a big spender.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bedded in my brakes properly and re-fettled them, so now they're only tinging a little bit, which will stop as the pads wear down a touch. Nice to have proper stopping power again. I don't like the sound of my freehub much though.
    Back in the office, going to take it slowly, do a bit of online training, catch up on emails etc.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Work meh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Household chores. Afternoon nap by the pool.

Big day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Freezing cold, pisssssing down, blowing a hoolie. This is ridiculous.

Did I mention that I ordered a chain?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Depends on the chain: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cera ... prod143295

That reminds me, now I have a 2x11 bike I need to buy some spare chains as I don't think all those 9 speed chains I bought when they were on offer will fit.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123

That reminds me, now I have a 2x11 bike I need to buy some spare chains as I don't think all those 9 speed chains I bought when they were on offer will fit.

As an owner of a quaint old-fashioned 9 speed winter bike, if you need the space in your spares drawer I'll happily take them off your hands :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Today's jobs:

Find something for toots and Mrs P to do.
    Remove steering wheel and instrument cluster on new older banger.
    Replace headlight bulbs in new older banger.
    Replace brake bulb on new older banger.

Let's see how long I can string this one out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    bucketing down at gmc towers, even the ducks have their brollies up, postponed plans for early bail as i don't fancy a drenching

though the number of people coughing, sneezing and sniffling is a worry, they should stay way and keep their foul contagions to themselves
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Eurgh... I want my bed back.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Eurgh... I want my bed back.

Did it float away?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Eurgh... I want my bed back.

Don't worry. I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers on here to keep it warm for you. (Subject to pics obviously) :wink:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh
    + potato

Oddly the office here smells of potatoes, no idea as to why.

First day back is always interesting, new manager four people handing in their notice an one walked out while I was off.
    Very dank and damp here, tunnel to the right as we leave work is flooded out and I have an urge to get a delivery of rubber ducks.

Concluded new manager is a berk, hes been hiding in a side office all day sending emails with changes but not once introduced himself. Currently doing a bet round the office as to whether its a real person or just some AI.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh
    + potato
    - Potato here :) Enjoying the day off and there's not a lot going on today in work anyhow.

Scraped myself out of bed at 9.30, took all the Xmas crap to the tip, got haircut, drank coffee. Started tax return - need to get my skates on as Her Majesty's Highwaymen owe me (again). Need to decide what to spend it on...although Strifey is looking at two holidays this summer as Stropteen finishes GCSE's early so we don't get totally shafted on price for the first time in 12 years. Although having an extra holiday isn't the smartest way of saving some dosh as I pointed out to her :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle

Oddly enough, 11 speed chains are cheaper at Merlin than 10 speed - and we're talking KMC, not Chinachainco.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

Oddly enough, 11 speed chains are cheaper at Merlin than 10 speed - and we're talking KMC, not Chinachainco.....

What's wrong with Chinese products?

Runs for the door.
  • Stevo_666
    Just been down to see the consultant about my dodgy shoulder - MRI scan shows it's a torn tendon and needs keyhole surgery to fix. That's the skiing holiday scuppered then, and very probably no downhill 'till early summer. What a bummer :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Bummer Stevo

Edit. Perhaps I should have put a comma in there as it may be misconstrued. :shock:
    Yes, bad luck.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just been down to see the consultant about my dodgy shoulder - MRI scan shows it's a torn tendon and needs keyhole surgery to fix. That's the skiing holiday scuppered then, and very probably no downhill 'till early summer. What a bummer :(

On the bright side, nothing broken/worn. Also, non invasive surgery is less of a problem.
    On the down side, need time for it to heal.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bummer Stevo

Edit. Perhaps I should have put a comma in there as it may be misconstrued. :shock:
    Yes, bad luck.
    Don't worry, I read it the way you meant it :D
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

On the bright side, nothing broken/worn. Also, non invasive surgery is less of a problem.
    Could be worse, but he did say it was probably 3 months post op before doing active/strenuous stuff again. Luckily its on BUPA so should be able to get it sorted later this month.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited January 2018
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

All surgery is invasive. That's the point of it. Keyhole is better than some butcher hacking away with a cleaver and some old bbq tongs though.

Rubbish news though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sad to hear that Stevo. Hope you heal quickly post-op.

There's this wondrous new thing called tarmac. Makes passage on a bicycle relatively smooth. Slick tyres and drop handlebars make things quicker. Strong legs and lungs mean you can go uphill too! :D:wink:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:

There's this wondrous new thing called tarmac. Makes passage on a bicycle relatively smooth. Slick tyres and drop handlebars make things quicker. Strong legs and lungs mean you can go uphill too! :D:wink:
    Ta - roadie riding might be the only cycling I get till summertime !
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

New bike time :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Converted by your own petard? :D:D:D