Hybrid or relaxed road bike with triple and low gearing

majster
majster Posts: 66
edited January 2018 in Commuting general
Hello there

I’m looking at replacing my trusty Marin larkspur which is nearly 15 years old. Looking for general weekend rides, work commuting 10-17 miles each way depending on location and also a cycling holiday next year and maybe some sportive/audaxes in the future. Not looking for something with very skinny tyres ideally 28 min and preferably 32

Needs rack for panniers and mudguards

I’m looking for something with a relaxed geometry to avoid back trouble but don’t mind flat bars as long relaxed

Touring bikes seem good but very heavy ideally want something around 10-11kg mark

I find the compact crank too hard and need granny gears

So triple at front with 26 ideally at the front and 34-36 at the back so I can get up a wall if need to

I’m struggling to find something with this brief

Could you please recommend something and if nothing like this available off the shelf then a model that can be modified in relation to gearing the most easily

Many thanks

Comments

• I'm sure my first bike, a specialized sirrus hybrid more or less fits the bill. I had it 5 years ago though, not sure if it's radically changed or not?
  • Pinnacle Lithium.

I don't think you need triple crank. So for that, Pinnacle Neon. If you still want the triple, its the Lithium.

Both bikes from Evans.