Coquard vs G Martin : Tour wild card

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited December 2017 in Pro race
Reading an article on the last team likely to get wild card (can't find it now) . This seems to be between Wanty and Vital Concept . More specifically it seems to be between who the organisers like more Guillauime Martin or Bryan Coquard

The organisers seem to like Martin . Coquard will not have time to show himself as the decision is made in January - and Wanty certainly pushed their season ( top Europe Tour)

I would think Vital are counting on this ? ( as are Wanty )

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Reading an article on the last team likely to get wild card (can't find it now) . This seems to be between Wanty and Vital Concept . More specifically it seems to be between who the organisers like more Guillauime Martin or Bryan Coquard

The organisers seem to like Martin . Coquard will not have time to show himself as the decision is made in January - and Wanty certainly pushed their season ( top Europe Tour)

I would think Vital are counting on this ? ( as are Wanty )

Wanty are the team i cheered the most last year. I just like them.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    There’s no reason both teams couldn’t be included given only 8 riders per team.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Joelsim wrote:

The number of teams has not been increased.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    I thought Prudhomme had a policy of not including brand-new teams as wildcards?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

The number of teams has not been increased.

You’re right. 176 riders maximum.