Double chainset to single?

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited January 2018 in Cyclocross
Want to change my double chainset to a single but try to keep a decent chain line throughout the cassette from top to bottom.

Was looking at Wolftooth chainrings but are there any other options I shoul look at, thinking of a chainring size of either 34 or 36.

Also will I need a rear mech with a clutch, can’t see it some how but thought I’d ask any way?
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Alternatively, will a 10 speed 1x MTB chainset work with a Shimano 105 5700 set up?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Chainline is not going to be 'decent' at either end of the cassette - that's just the way it is with a 1x setup. It still works though.

You don't need a clutch mech, but you will need a narrow/wide ring..
  • Mazho
    Mazho Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if Praxis Alba double 50-34 crankset is compatible with Sram Force 1 X-Sync chainring? I can't get Praxis 1x chainring and my LBS have Sram chainring in stock...
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Mazho wrote:
    Does anyone know if Praxis Alba double 50-34 crankset is compatible with Sram Force 1 X-Sync chainring? I can't get Praxis 1x chainring and my LBS have Sram chainring in stock...
    Is it standard 5 bolt 110 BCD? You can use any chainring you like if its. Superstar Components are good and cheap.