What’s a 2014 Felt F95 worth? After a cheap winter bike

pinchez
pinchez Posts: 76
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
I’m after something around £300 to ride during the winter and a used 2014 Felt F95 caught my eye, Bike looks almost new and seems ideal although I think it’s the older Sora. I did some research on eBay sold listings and these seem to go for around £250. The seller (Facebook Market) won’t sell for less than £300, so my question is, is it worth it or should I look at something else?

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If you like it, want it, it fits you properly and you don't mind paying the extra £50 then buy it.

Otherwise wait on eBay and buy one for £250.

It's £50. Up to you.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I do like it and it would do the job but I struggle with paying more than the going rate! To add to the confusion Merlin are selling new the 2016 Felt F95 with the Sora 3500 for £439. I know it’s over budget but it’s brand new and better components, although I actually prefer the look of the 2014 Felt. I’ve been struggling with this for a few days lol
  • Matthewfalle
    Best hang on for one for £250 then if you've decided that's the going rate. Might be in worse condition than this one which means that you have a couple of bits to replace but at least you've saved £50 on the initial purchase.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    £300 for a 2014 version is a bit over the top anyway. Wait a month & the FB chap will still have it on his hands and be glad to see it go for £250
  • Matthewfalle
    nochekmate wrote:
    £300 for a 2014 version is a bit over the top anyway. Wait a month & the FB chap will still have it on his hands and be glad to see it go for £250

Or wait a month and it’ll be gone and buy a shocker for 250 and spend an extra 50 on parts and then time on top.

It’s 50 quid. If you want it buy it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • You’re both right lol, I’ve been looking for a £300 winter ride for a few weeks now and of cause all the best ones i.e. Specialized Allez 2016 with the newer Sora are 100’s of miles away :( so locally I’m left with people wanting £450 for bikes that cast £550 new! What happened to all this “bang for buck second hand” you here so much about?

The Felt looked a very attractive bike when I first stumbled across it and if I hadn’t of researched it and found that they were originally on sale at Merlin for £360 in 2014, were being sold on ebay for around £200 - 250 with fees needing to come off I’d have just bought it. I messaged the seller saying “I’d like to come on view it” but not heard back, but hey it’s christmas!

My Perfect bike - I’ve seen a few of these at around £300 but are either too far away or wrong size would be a 54” Specialized Allez in red and black (love the colour) with the newer sora 3500, I can dream!
  • ollaay
    ollaay Posts: 166
    I mean that price sounds spot on really, eBay is full of overpriced £300 £350 bikes which take a while to sell. I myself picked up a 2013 F95 for £180 on eBay, came and picked it up the next day even with a couple of upgrades by the seller already! Just have to be patient!