Fizik R5b or Giro Savix?

Isaac199
Isaac199 Posts: 5
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi! I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes, and wondering if anyone has any experience between the two pairs Ive listed. Can't decide which I should get, and am going to try the Giro soon. However, I'm not sure if I have the chance to try in the Fizik. On that note, would it be safe to try on, say a Fizik R3b and use it to base the size of my r5b?? Thanks! :D

Comments

• For me the Fizik shoes hold the heel more securely, have a less flexible upper, and have a bit more room around the toes/forefoot all of which I prefer. As with saddles the fit is personal though so you'll need to try them.

I had some Giro shoes last year but shape aside I didn't get on with them because the cleat drilling is a bit further back than most. Even with the cleats pushed right forward it wasn't quite enough for me. I find Fizik and Specialized suit me better for me in this regard with Spesh most forward and Fizik in the middle. This is something you won't notice until you ride them and then it's too late to return so worth checking compared to your current shoes when buying. If you like your cleats pushed back then Giro might have just what you need!