does this exist? 38cm, shallow drop, aero top, alloy bar.

maddog 2
maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
Mrs Maddog want a new bar setup and likes aero tops, for the hand shape more than the aero benefits.

- width:38cm
- shallow drop

I've spied a couple of pricey carbon candidates but was wondering if anyone makes a cheaper alloy version.

Any ideas?

Or just good places to look (tried CRC and Ribble so far)
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    RSP Mini Bar might be an option. Doesn't have a flat top, but fits the description otherwise..

http://www.brookscycles.co.uk/velodrome ... 380mm.html
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    maddog 2 wrote:
    Mrs Maddog want a new bar setup and likes aero tops, for the hand shape more than the aero benefits.

- width:38cm
    - shallow drop

I've spied a couple of pricey carbon candidates but was wondering if anyone makes a cheaper alloy version.

Any ideas?

Or just good places to look (tried CRC and Ribble so far)

What kind of price are you thinking of?
    And/or what would you be prepared to pay for some brand new carbon flat top FSA bars?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Specialized do them.
    My wife uses 36cm wide shallow drop bars

The specialized ones are £35 from Sigma, Hargroves etc.
  • maddog 2
    Ta. I've spotted some FSA SL-K for £109 (£99 with a discount) at CRC

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fsa- ... prod129444

Ideally sub£40 would be good for alloy.

The carbons for 99 might be okay too.

I'll check out the Spesh ones Dann
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2
    Spesh ones look a good shape but don't look like they have aero tops... only one photo so hard to tell.
  • maddog 2
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    edited December 2017
    Deda RHM 02 fits the description...
  • FSA compact bars are great but they’re not ‘aero’ in the slightest. They were never designed to be. The flat top is for a bit of comfort when you’re climbing. The bars themselves are the same design, just in different materials, grades of materials and lightness.

The FSA Energy is the best of the alloys and a popular bar in the Pro peloton.

The difference between the K-Force Light, SLK and Team carbon bars is non existent in terms of ride quality.

Add in the Energy alloy and it comes down to bragging, a paint job and a lighter wallet.

I’ve got all of them and I wish I’d just bought Energy bars for all my bikes.
  • maddog 2 wrote:
    Ta. I've spotted some FSA SL-K for £109 (£99 with a discount) at CRC

They don't have aero tops though, I have them on my bike.
  • maddog 2
    good to know, cheers, as the pics seem to show they are.
  • maddog 2
    The Bonty ones look ideal, ta.