'Pro bike kit' Safe site?

2»

Comments

• EBEB
    EBEB Posts: 98
    Cheap, but I would avoid unless you are absolutely sure you will never need any customer support. Also don’t use your main e-mail address unless you like spam. They also have discounts for event X that then go even cheaper. So yes, go for it but be prepared to deal with whatever you are sent on your own. It is cheap, but comes with virtually no after sales support.
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    Snowblind wrote:
    JakeJ wrote:
    Dura ace was never going to be financially possible and ultegra can't be that far behind.

Just thought I'd say that if I recall correctly, the R8000 Ultegra kit is mechanically identical to the new Dura Ace. The only difference between the two is in the materials used, and therefore the marginal weight saving you get by using the Dura Ace groupset. So, in fact, it isn't behind at all in anything but being slightly heavier (and it's brilliant, btw)! :D

Your new bike sounds awesome! Post pics when it's finished.

PS. It is worth checking out Vanilla Bikes as well as Pro Bike Kit. I pre-ordered an R8050 groupset on there about 6 weeks before release to the market at a price that seemed too good to be true. I asked around on here at the time and confirmed it as a legit website. The stuff arrived as advertised, and the individual components came in their original boxes, not OEM packaging. So, I don't think they were 'grey goods' either.

Just had a quick look for brakes and you're right, they are considerably cheaper than most places, hopefully they're still cheap come the end of the month.
  • wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    I ordered a pair of Sidi shoes just before Xmas and they arrived really fast, and I'm in Sweden!
    Also, there are some voucher codes kicking about so I would google for that and save a bit of £££