What's happened to the Cervelo R3 Disc 2018?

Thigh_burn
Thigh_burn Posts: 489
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
Does anyone know what's going on with delivery of the bike? It keeps slipping, now looks like it's shipping Feb next year.

I've been into a couple of Cervelo dealers in London and they seem as mystified as anyone else. Got to be quite a big miss not hitting the main swathe of new releases in Oct / Nov. I haven't seen any reviews either which I was a bit surprised about.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Wonder if they're diverting them to warmer climes ? For a lot of people their new bike isn't a priority in the depths of winter ?
  • Waiting on Ultegra R8020. All 2018 Cervelos that use Ultegra are delayed, which then means that other bikes that would be shipped in the same container are delayed too.
    We're not getting them yet in warmer climes either.
  • cyclenutnz wrote:
    Waiting on Ultegra R8020.

So has Shimano had delays on shipping? I'd thought it was already out, but haven't paid that much attention. I imagine there must be quite a few manufacturers that are also delayed then.
    Fenix wrote:
    For a lot of people their new bike isn't a priority in the depths of winter ?

I know, I'm just really keen to try one and have had my head turned, so now sulking until I can swing my leg over.
  • Thigh_burn wrote:
    So has Shimano had delays on shipping? I'd thought it was already out, but haven't paid that much attention. I imagine there must be quite a few manufacturers that are also delayed then.

It's available sparingly in the aftermarket now. Would have been assembled on bikes over the last couple of weeks.
    The bigger the brand the less delayed they are, Cervelo are still pretty small.